Reflective Teaching in Further, Adult and Vocational Education
- Dr. Margaret Gregson, Yvonne Hillier, Professor Gert Biesta, Dr. Sam Duncan, Lawrence Nixon, Trish Spedding, Paul Wakeling, Professor Andrew Pollard, Dr. Amy Pollard
- Paperback | 488 pages
- 189 x 246 x 27.94mm | 912g
- Publication date
- 01 Dec 2015
- Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Bloomsbury Academic
- Publication City/Country
- London, United Kingdom
- Edition Statement
- 4th Revised edition
- Bestsellers rank
Reflective Teaching in Further, Adult and Vocational Education is the definitive textbook for reflective professionals in further, adult and vocational education, drawing on the experience of the author team and the latest research, including that of the Teaching and Learning Research Programme (TLRP) findings. It offers extensive support for trainee and practising teachers in further, adult and vocational settings, for both practice-based training and career-long professionalism.
Now in its fourth edition, written by a collaborative author team of further, adult and vocational education experts led by Yvonne Hillier and Margaret Gregson, Reflective Teaching in Further, Adult and Vocational Education offers two levels of support:
- practical guidance for practitioner success with a focus on the key issues including individual and collaborative approaches to reflective practice, a systematic approach to educational improvement based upon Joint Practice Development; and
- evidence-informed 'principles' to aid understanding of how theories can effectively inform teaching practices and offer ways to develop deeper understanding of effective practices.
The new edition is also enhanced by improved navigation and updated pedagogical features, including a revised chapter structure and text design, all-new case studies, activities, figures and diagrams.
The team includes: Margaret Gregson (University of Sunderland, UK) | Yvonne Hillier (University of Brighton, UK) | Gert Biesta (University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg) | Sam Duncan (Institute of Education, University College London, UK) | Lawrence Nixon (University of Sunderland, UK) | Trish Spedding (University of Sunderland, UK) | Paul Wakeling (Havering Sixth Form College, UK)
Reflective Teaching in Further, Adult and Vocational Education directly compliments and extends the chapters of this book. It has been designed to provide convenient access to key texts, working as a compact and portable library.
The associated website, www.reflectiveteaching.co.uk offers supplementary resources including reflective activities, research briefings and advice on further readings. It also features a glossary of educational terms, links to useful websites and showcases examples of excellent research and practice.
This book forms part of the Reflective Teaching series, edited by Andrew Pollard and Amy Pollard, offering support for reflective practice in early, primary, secondary, further, vocational, university and adult sectors of education.